Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Large Envelope

Yesterday I received a large envelope from my first chioce school in the mail. Since rejections don't usually come in large envelopes, I was excited to open it, but, instead, I tortured myself by opening, and processing, every other piece of mail I received first. Let's see, some books from Amazon, I better add those to my library; a credit card offer, that goes to the shredder; the DMV needs verification of my insurance, better log on to GEICO and take care of that. Then, once I finished going through the mail, my son woke up from his nap, so I had to go take care of him. Once he was happy it was finally time to open the envelope. I got in! The letter was dated exactly one month after I submitted my application, and only about a week since I called them and they verified that my application had been received, but not yet processed. They never did send me a notification that I was complete, but who cares!

I also heard from my fourth choice school a couple days ago. At this point I don't think I would go there even if they did offer me a full tuition scholarship with a stipend. I have heard that they use some of the questionable scholarship practices that Frugal Law Student Mentioned (i.e. placing scholarship students in one section to weed each other out), and that their career services office is really bad.

1 comment:

The Mommy Blawger said...

Congratulations! You have a lot of self-discipline. I would have ripped the thing open on the way back from the mailbox.